Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Our dad, the genius

After Craig and I moved to NC, dad came to visit us when Madeline was just a few months old (August 2005).

We took the requisite trip to Costco-for the fat-free frozen yogurt (!!!) AND the free groceries he was happy to buy-the happiness in spending money came only after retirement! We browsed the book aisle and came across a dictionary of Anatomical and Physiological terms. This was one legit dictionary.

I opened it up and sounded out one phrase/sentence.

Dad answered, explaining its exact function.

I chose a different one on a different page.

Dad hesitated, then answered.

A few more times, and dad answered all of them correctly.

We were both having a good time: my dad, the dictionary.

It reminded me of the time the Christmas of 2004 when we went hiking at Mt. Diablo and I pointed to a peculiar tree and wondered aloud, "What is that?!" to no one in particular.

Dad answered without hesitating.

Moral of both stories, moral of his life:

Dad knows everything.

1 comment:

  1. That's funny because in A&P he taught me a way to remember the names of the hand bones but made me swear never to repeat the pnemonic devise he and his fellow MALE students used to memorize it. The pnemonic worked and my lips are sealed.

    ReplyDelete