Tuesday, March 2, 2010

When you have nothing else...

Dad came out to visit us in NC when I was hugely pregnant with Scott in the summer time. My husband was looking for a job, so we were a little bit stressed. It was nice to have dad there to hang out with and for him to pay for stuff like groceries or movies!

Then, as always happens when you can't afford it and you're hugely pregnant in the middle of the humid summer, our air conditioning broke. Not just a little bit, but entirely broken aka needed a replacement for tons of money.

That made Craig and I more stressed. And dad became stressed for us. He apologized that he couldn't help us pay for it and then did the only thing one can do when you meet a challenge with no solution.

He asked if he could kneel down and say a prayer with me. At the time he was having a little bit of a hard time talking. Most importanly, I remember the humility and faith that he asked Heavenly Father to bless me and Craig with all we were dealing with. And when he was done praying, he stood up and gave me a hug and reassured me that everything would be okay. We both felt the spirit of assurance that all would be okay. And it was okay.

I'm grateful that my dad who was dealing with so much himself, and been through such trying times, showed me again how important faith and prayer is in life and not doubting the reassuring answer you receive.

1 comment:

  1. That is so special.

    Who knew it would take 2 1/2 years for everything to be ok?

    Didn't you want to yell at him and tell him he COULD fix it?

    ReplyDelete